Royal St George's Golf Club 6th and 16th Tee Construction
Royal St George's has played host to the Open Championship on 14 occasions, including the first played outside of Scotland in 1894. We recently reconstructed and resized the 6th and 16th tees in preparation for the club hosting its 15th Open in 2020.
The works included:
- Remove existing rootzone and stockpile.
- Shape and consolidate the new tee formations. The 6th tee was 360m2 and the 16th was 320m2.
- Blend imported rootzone with the stockpiled rootzone.
- Laser level and prepare the surface ready for turf.
- Supply Tillers Turf Fescue to be installed by the Greens Staff.