Fineturf specialise in cricket wicket and outfield construction and maintenance projects.
Cricket Wicket Maintenance and Renovation
Following a cricket season it is essential to renovate and repair a worn wicket. Fineturf provide the following services:
- Koro Field Top Maker – levels playing surface, removes annual meadow grass, weaker/older ryegrass plants and thatch.
- Graden – deep scarification for root pruning and lateral growth. Also leaves grooves for new seed to be sown into for quick establishment.
- Loam application – Loam is spread evenly using a lightweight tractor and Sisis spreader.
- Seed application – Seed is applied using a gandy drop spreader in multiple directions to ensure an even distribution.
- Drag Matting / Luting – loam and seed are dragged evenly to ensure final levels are true.
- Deep tine aeration / Earthquake – These methods can also be used during renovation to relieve compaction, encourage new root growth and improve surface drainage.
Cricket Outfield Construction
Fineturf are equipped for outfield reconstruction. Using the Koro field top maker existing outfield surfaces can be removed. Following this, laser guided tractor towed graders and an 8ft Blec stonerake are used for final ground preparation. Finally, sowing with a suitable Advanta seed mix. Earthworks and drainage for new build cricket projects.